Wednesday, August 6, 2014

August 6th 2014: Finishing Baldwin Hill in Phillipston

After work today, I decided to give Baldwin Hill in Phillipston another try, passing by Princeton along the way.
81 Route 140

This time, I was able to hike the entire place, the path I took shown below in black.
The paths here were pretty overgrown, especially in the Lower Loop Trail, but thankfully I was able to follow the red apple signs to where I needed to go. The views of the swamp here in the setting sun were pretty nice.
From here, it was on to Athol
Ward Pond,
10 Carpenter Road
White Pond,
White Pond Road near Cross Road
and Orange,
New Life Christian Fellowship,
349 South Main Street
Mahar School

where I wanted to check out Herrick's Tavern, but the kitchen was already closed. Thankfully, the 202 Grille and Restaurant next door still had ice cream to sell, so I got the Muddy Sneakers Ice Cream, which was pretty good, with chunks of caramel in it.
Still hungry, I was forced to head back into Athol to get Chinese takeout from 8 Dragons, getting the Burned Salt Shrimp, which was actually pretty good.
Glad I managed to find something to eat at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment