Sunday, August 3, 2014

August 3rd 2014: Meals in the Boston Area

For the second day in a row, I started my day in Westford, heading to the trails at the end of Lyberty Way. The path I took here is shown below in pink.

There wasn't anything to see here though, the water bodies all being pretty dried up.

Next, it was on to the town of Concord, passing by the Massachusetts Correctional Institute,

 for a hike at the Old Rifle Range. The path I took here is shown below in pink.


There were okay views of Kennedy Pond,

and on the other side of the road, it took me a while to figure out how each target worked,

but other than that, there wasn't much else to see.

I headed next to the Wright Woods, which I have been to in the past, to try to find the Andromeda Ponds here. The path I took is shown below in pink.
The ponds themselves were more wetland like than anything else though. From here, it was on to Boston, where I decided to stop by the Boston Common Coffee Company. A pretty nice coffee place, to say the least, although the Hot Chocolate I got was pretty pricey at 3 bucks.
The Hanover (Black Forest Ham, Bacon, Cheddar, Apple Chutney) sandwich I got was pretty good too.
After a day of food truck stuff, I decided to go grab some food from Pollo Royal, a fast food fried chicken store in Revere.

I got the Junior Royal (1 piece chicken, French Fries, soda),
which was not too bad, but I still prefer KFC.

we decided to have dinner at Sarma, a Mediterranean tapas restaurant in Somerville that I have been to in the past.
For a drink, I went with the Ace Cider, which was actually comparable to Downeast.

The first thing we got was a Fried Chicken special with a yogurt sauce.
Pretty good, like KFC stuff, and definitely much better than the one I had earlier.

After that, the Fava Bean Pate (capers, red onion, summer wax beans, dill) was okay, especially with the bread provided, but not one of the better dishes I have had here.

Our Tunisian Steak Tartare (radishes, soft cooked egg, harissa chips) was awesome as always,
The Fairytale Eggplant Fries (za’atar, fig ketchup, spicy feta) were delicious as well, although the ones I got in Syracuse, NY at King David's Restaurant.
I especially liked the Corn Cakes (salty date butter, goat cheese, harissa), the peanut butter like sauce perfecting the dish.

The Scallop Katayifi (basturma brown butter, corn, summer wax beans) was next, an interesting twist in the usual dessert form, excellent with the curry like sauce.

The Bluefish Falafel (peach pickle, jalapeƱo labne, bibb lettuce) wasn't too bad either.

Even better were the Crab and Red Lentil Kibbeh (coconut-curry, green papaya, zhoug).
The other ingredients made the Shish Octopus (grilled avocado, grapefruit charmoula, Israeli couscous) dish, especially the couscous embedded into the avocado.
The Rainbow Carrots (crystallized honey, ginger, cilantro) were simply presented, yet scrumptious.

Finally, it was time for dessert. My friends goFrozen Yogurt (Greek-style, cow’s milk), while I chose to go with the Loukamades (ricotta doughnut), with toppings of Blueberry Cobbler and Lime Curd with Blackberries.
I was glad that the toppings were separate from the main dessert itself, as it allowed us to try each one, but that meant the yogurt was pretty plain, but the doughnuts were fresh and crispy.

With that, another fun weekend of doing food truck stuff with my friends came to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment