Tuesday, August 19, 2014

August 19th 2014: Dinner at Moriarty's Pub and Grill, Springfield

Today after work, I decided to use my deal at Moriarty's Pub and Grill, a dive bar in the city of Springfield. Before that, I visited Southbridge,
Chapin Building,
208 Hamilton Street
Spanish American War Memorial, 
Hook Street and Hamilton Street
Ware,
Ware Hardwick Covered Bridge
and Ludlow
Wade Pond, End of South Street, Granby
before heading into Springfield. The bar itself was really sketchy, without a proper parking lot at all. I had to park in the grass. The people in the bar were even sketchier. I had to go up to the window to order food, for which I got the Fire Bread (Crusty Ciabatta bread spread with garlic butter, spices, 3 cheeses, baked till golden, served with herb oil dressing on side) and the Drunken Shrimp (jumbo shrimp cooked in spices and beer with side of butter) appetizers.
The bread wasn't too bad, while the sauce for the shrimp was pretty good, but the shrimp itself was definitely not fresh.

I was so afraid for my safety and my car that I quickly ate my meal and hightailed it out of the place. It was a pretty interesting experience, even hearing mentions about stealing cars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment