Sunday, August 24, 2014

August 24th 2014: Finishing My Hikes in Lincoln

My first hike this morning was around Farrar Pond in Lincoln.  The path I took here after parking at the lot at 23 South Great Road is shown below in black.
At this time of morning, the mist was just lifting from the water surface,
 and as I carried on, there were more views of the pond to come.
After finally making it all the way around the pond and back to my car, I went on another short hike at Adams Woods. The path I took here from the end of Old Concord Road is shown below in black.
There wasn't much to see here though, although there were horses on the farm by the trail at the beginning.
From here, I decided to head to Watertown to have breakfast at the Deluxe Town Diner, a small town diner with an interesting array of pancakes on its menu. I decided to go with a Sweet Potato Flapjack (New Orleans style, light and naturally sweet),

along with a cup of Hot Chocolate

and the Southwestern Chili Omelette (homemade chili as a filling topped with melted cheddar, sour cream and guacamole on the side).
the pancake had a little too much cinnamon for my liking, although the omelette was delicious with the chili. This place was pretty packed with people the whole time I was here though.

With that, it was on to another busy day of doing food truck stuff, and by the time I was done, it was already pretty late, and I totally forgot to grab something to eat, which means I am eating a bowl of instant noodles as I type this entry. Have a good work week ahead, everyone.










No comments:

Post a Comment