Friday, August 8, 2014

August 8th 2014: Spending My Evening in Weymouth

Today after work, I decided to use my deal at Peppercornz on Main in Weymouth. Before that, I passed by a few places in Wellesley
Talbot's, 50 Central Street
Katharine Lee Bates Park,
Railroad Avenue and Central Street

Wellesley Post Office
and Dedham
Town Clock,
Harris Street and High Street
before heading to Weymouth. Here, I first headed up Great Hill, where there were awesome views of the Boston skyline without even needing to hike.
Next, it was on to Wessagussett Beach at Wessagussett Road and Parker Road, where the sun was just starting to set.
Next, George Lane Beach at 25 River Street, which was much larger, with even better views.
I took more pictures at Fort Point at 105 Fort Point Road,
and risked the setting sun to explore the Webb Memorial State Park, which was equally beautiful.


From here, it was on to dinner at Peppercornz on Main, an Italian bar restaurant in town. I decided to go with the Short Ribs Starter (half order of boneless beef short ribs in a savory tomato reduction over alfredo risotto), which felt like a delicious meal in itself,
The Shrimp Bleu Ravioli(with prosciutto and asparagus and sage in a white wine bleu cheese cream sauce over porcini mushroom ravioli) was really good as well, especially because the taste of the cheese wasn't too strong.
 Pretty good meal, to say the least. 

After dinner, I headed to AMC Braintree 10 to watch "Guardians of the Galaxy" and "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles". The first wasn't too bad, being pretty funny, although the humor in the second fell flat a lot. I definitely don't recommend watching this version of my favorite childhood cartoon.

Looking forward to doing food truck stuff this entire weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment