Sunday, August 17, 2014

August 17th 2014: A Successful Surprise for My Friend

This morning, I started out by checking out a few water bodies in the Milton and Canton sections of the Blue Hills Reservation. The paths I took here at various places is shown below in pink.
There was nothing to see at the Fowl Meadow, although one could see the Great Blue Hill from Brookwood Farm in Canton.
I took a small hike inside the reservation itself, but there was nothing to see here too. My last stop in the north of the reservation did not yield much either.
At this point, I felt really hungry, and decided to go to the Newcomb Farms Family Restaurant at 1139 Randolph Avenue in Milton. This place is like any typical small town diner,  but thankfully it still had something interesting on the menu, namely the ? Breakfast (Deep Fried Potato Skins overflowing with scrambled eggs, topped with melted cheese and crisp bacon served with English Muffin).
Unfortunately, though the potato skins were an interesting concept, the meal itself was pretty bland overall.

It was a pretty busy day on the food truck, but all the while I was waiting for my friend who had just arrived from out of town for studies, as she was a mutual friend of my chef friend as well, and we wanted to surprise him with her presence. It was a perfect opportunity for her to try the food as well, but by the time she finally came, we were already sold out of most of it. At least the surprise was good, and she can go back to the truck again some time this week. After we were done with food truck stuff for the day, I decided to head to Everett for dinner at the La Barra Sports Bar. I was the only Asian in this bar restaurant which was playing loud Mexican music, which felt a little awkward, so I ordered quickly, getting the Salchipapas (Sliced Hot Dog with French Fries),

the Palitos de Guayaba (Mozzarella Sticks with Guaba juice)

and the Revueltas Pupusa (Beans, Pork, Cheese).
None of it was anything special though. Definitely not coming back here.

I'm glad the surprise worked out fine today. What my friend from out of town doesn't know is that my chef friend has a surprise in store for her as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment