Friday, August 15, 2014

August 15th 2014: Dinners in Orange

Today after work, I headed north first into Royalston,
Little Pond, 18 Warwick Road
Our Lady Queen of Heaven Church,
123 South Royalston Street


then into Orange
Packard Pond, 100 Fryeville Road
Tully Pond, 279 Tully Road
Williams Pond,
Wheeler Pond Road and North Main Street
Parent Child Development Center
Old Tully Fire Station, 90 Royalston Road
where I decide to give the Boiler Bar and Grille a second try.

Thankfully, their entire menu was available this time around, but as I wanted to check out Herrick's Tavern in town as well, I decided to just get the Thai Shrimp Toast

 and the Smoked Short Ribs Tacos.
Both dishes were absolutely not what I expected. The shrimp was made into a Thai style paste and fried together with the bread to make it crispy. The seaweed salad was an even bigger surprise. Simply excellent though. I wasn't expecting much from the tacos, but the sauce on it was simply amazing. Glad I came back here for a second time, confirming my suspicions that this place is the real deal.

Heading to Herrick's Tavern, the menu in this bar restaurant was contrastingly relatively uninteresting. I decided to get the Spinach and Garlic Ravioli (roasted garlic and spinach stuffed ravioli finished with a garlic and herb cream sauce), 



which wasn't too bad, but nothing compared to my earlier appetizers. Looking forward to ziplining in New York tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment