Wednesday, May 21, 2014

May 21st 2014: Dinner at Picasso Restaurant and Bar, Barre

My travels after work today resumed in the town of Hubbardston,
Wax Factory Pond, 187 Williamsville Road
moving into Templeton
Stone Bridge Pond, 71 Stone Bridge Road
Bourn Hadley Pond, 740 Patriots Road
and finally Phillipston,
Queen Lake Beach
where I went on a hike at the Red Apple Farm area at the Red Rose Trails, where the path I took is shown below in black.
The trails were marked with red apples, although the paths were slightly overgrown. I somehow managed to orientate myself the whole time, despite the tons of side trails around me. The view of the pond wasn't too bad,
with a small waterfall as well,

but it was the views of the surroundings at the top that were pretty nice.
When I finally got back to my car by walking along the road, I decided I had time enough to head to Picasso Restaurant and Bar in Barre before it closed for the night. This Italian place is pretty nice for a small town restaurant.

I decided to try out their 3 course dinner, which costs only $23, consisting of the Potato and Leek Soup for appetizers,
the Grilled Steak Tips with Onion Jam (roasted shallot mash, sauteed spinach) for an entree,
and finally the Chocolate Pots de Creme for dessert, a chocolate pudding which came in a small tea cup.
The soup was really good, while the onion jam was pretty interesting but went really well with the beef. An excellent meal overall, thanks to a colleague's recommendation.

No comments:

Post a Comment