Sunday, March 10, 2013

March 10th 2013: More Food Truck Business in the Boston Area

Today, after finishing our food truck business for the day, we decided to head to Chinatown to grab a quick meal before my friend headed back to NYC. He recommended the China King Restaurant at 60 Beach Street, so we headed into the small, simple looking place.

After looking at the simple menu, I decided to go with the Beef Brisket Chow Fun.

The meat was heavily seasoned with ginger, which was okay, and overall the meal was pretty average as well, though it was relatively cheap.

After our meal, which I felt wasn't filling enough, my friend left for NYC, and I was left to my own devices. I decided to use one of my groupons at Jose's Mexican Restaurant in Cambridge to fill my still hungry stomach.

This place, located in the western part of Cambridge, is more of a bar than a restaurant with a local Mexican feel to it, although it was full of people drinking margaritas. Thankfully, there was space at the bar for me to sit, and I got down to ordering immediately. I decided to get the Ground Beef Mexican Banderillas (corn tortillas rolled around beef and deep fried, served with a three-layer dip of guacamole, refried beans, and salsa)  for an appetizer,

and the Tinga Burrito en Adobo (flour tortilla, served with a delicious adobado sauce made from three kinds of Mexican peppers; guajillo, ancho, and smoked chipotle, covered with melted cheese). 
I was really surprised when I saw the appetizer come in, as it was a large serving. As expected, I could hardly finish it, much less my main dish, which I could only take a few bites of. The adobado sauce was pretty interesting, though a little spicy for me. Not a bad meal though. Definitely going to enjoy my leftover lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment