Saturday, March 30, 2013

March 30th 2013: Preparing for our Food Truck Launch

To start the day off, before I headed with my friends to go do food truck stuff, I decided to bring them to a brunch place, the Village Cafe in Newton, for brunch.

Choosing not to going for the typical ham and eggs for brunch, I decided to choose the Nutella and Banana Stuffed French Toast,

while my friends chose the Crunchy Granola Dipped French Toast

and the Florentine Omelette (spinach and feta cheese).
Overall, even though brunch was pretty good, I would say it was just average and nothing too special.

After a day of doing food truck stuff, we headed to a nearby bar in Malden, District 7, where I had a groupon as always, passing by the Whole Foods Planet Globe at Bread and Circus Bakehouse on 300 Middlesex Avenue in Medford.

The restaurant is decorated with firehouse memorabilia from various towns in the area, shown below.
For dinner, we decided to share 24 Wings Bone In, covered in Garlic and Pamesan, Honey Buffalo and Thai Chilli sauce, and it was pretty filling, crispy and tasty, even before we even got our main dishes.
I decided to get the Big Joe's Meatloaf Burger (lightly grilled meatloaf topped with melted Cheddar Jack cheese, served on a potato roll),

while my friends got the Potato Skin Flatbread Pizza,

the Beef Spicy Taco Salad (crispy tortilla shell stuffed with lettuce, tomatoes, black olives, avocado and sour cream. Topped with spicy grilled beef),

and the Sausage Cacciatore (Sweet Italian sausage with fresh mushrooms, onions, peppers & garlic in marinara, tossed with choice of penne or linguine).

The meatloaf was extremely soft and tasty, while the sweet potato fries on the side were the best I have ever had, being melt-in-your-mouth on the inside, yet really crispy on the outside. The pizza was not too bad as well, while the beef in the salad was pretty tender and flavorful. I'm definitely placing a recommend on this place.

With that we headed back home, getting ready to do more food truck stuff tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment