Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 27th 2013: Persian Dinner at Molana, Watertown

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Molana, a Persian restaurant in Watertown. Before heading there, I decided to visit Candy Hop, an old fashioned candy store in Shrewsbury. This place is literally full of candy, presented buffet style to be weighed at the end,

and I decided to go for their mini truffles, which were pretty decent.
From here, I headed to Jordan's Furniture in Natick, which is interestingly decorated to the theme of New Orleans culture, pre-Katrina.
While here, I also decided to use my groupon for 2 Roast Beef Sandwiches at Kelly's Roast Beef, located on the side of the furniture mall. This fast food place is also really nicely decorated, even with a marine aquarium in its center, which had a puffer fish in it.
My Roast Beef Sandwich was actually pretty decent, although I could only take a few bites of it as I had more food to come.

As I left, I saw that the view at the top of the hill was pretty decent, so I stopped and took a picture.

Finally it was time for dinner. I headed to Watertown, where I was able to find parking easily as I was a little early.

The restaurant was pretty empty when we entered and sat at our table, although my friend told us that they usually had more delivery orders than sit down diners. After looking at the menu, I decided to get the Jubeh Kebobs (Marinated Cornish Hen skewered and grilled over open fire) for my main dish, 

trying out the Pomegranate Juice as well.
The juice was a little pruny tasting, so I did not fancy it too much, while my dinner had an interesting presentation. The chicken however, was pretty bland, and I quickly lost my appetite soon after starting to eat it.

Thankfully, the dessert that I ordered, the Zoulbiah and Bamieh (Flour, sugar, honey, rose water in pretzel shape) was much better,

and I realized it was pretty much the same as thJalebi I had at Katta Mitha in Westborough some time back, which was equally sweet and tasty. However, the sweetness was a little overwhelming as well, and I was forced to take it home together with my chicken.

Overall, I don't think I will recommend this place, based on my experience with the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment