Saturday, March 9, 2013

March 9th 2013: Buying Stuff at Wholesale Markets in Boston

This morning, before heading to various stores around town to get food truck supplies, I decided to bring my friend to J and M's Diner in Framingham for breakfast. When we got there, there was already a  line, which made me a little concerned as we were on a schedule. The waitress told us the line would disappear in 10 minutes, and magically it did and we got seated soon after. After looking at the menu, I decided to get the Jack Daniel's special, consisting of a BBQ pulled pork omelet with homemade Jack Daniel's and Maple syrup reduction, cheddar cheese and BBQ sauce, with homefries and toast on the side.


To be honest, the picture does the dish no justice, as it was simply excellent and scrumptious. Never knew omelettes would go so well with BBQ pork.

After a day of shopping for stuff at various wholesale markets like Foodpak Express in Boston and
Restaurant Depot in Everett, I had a birthday party to attend at the Park Restaurant and Bar in Cambridge, and so my friend and I went there. However, when we arrived, my friend had still not arrived, so we decided to head upstairs to Wagamama to grab some dinner. Even though there was a line outside the restaurant, we were still able to grab a seat inside that apparently no one wanted to sit at. My friend decided to get the Chicken Ramen (noodles in a chicken and pork broth topped with
 marinated grilled chicken breast, baby spinach, menma and scallion), while I got the Wagamama Seafood Ramen (noodles in a vegetable broth with grilled shrimp, fresh salmon, cod and marinated squid. topped with wakame, menma, baby spinach, scallion and a wedge of lime),

and the Duck Gyoza as a side (deep-fried duck and leek dumplings, served with a spicy cherry hoisin sauce).
I was totally disappointed with my entire meal. The gyoza was hardly palatable at all, even with the sauce, which just made it worse. I had to add soya sauce to it, and still it did not help much. The ramen was okay at best, if it was even fit to be called that. Utterly disappointing experience. I have no idea why this place was packed, much less have other restaurants in the area and around the world.

After a disappointing dinner, we decided to head back down to Park Restaurant and Bar to get a drink. This place was crowded as well, but we were still able to grab seats at the bar, where I got a hard cider just for the occasion. Thankfully, my friends came soon after, and my business partner and I had a fun time chatting for the rest of the night. We had to leave a little early though, as we had more stuff to buy tomorrow. More to come tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment