Sunday, March 3, 2013

March 3rd 2013: Exploring the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum in Boston

We are trying to hire people for our food truck, so today I gave interviews for a few candidates at the Thinking Cup in Boston near the Boston Common. While waiting for the candidates to arrive, I decided to try a chocolate cheesecake from the multitude of desserts and pastries they had on display. It wasn't too bad, in a cafe full of people.

After my interviews, where I decided to give the job to a few individuals, I headed to Cafeteria Boston for brunch. This upscale place, which has 2 floors, was filled with people as well, but thankfully I was able to find a seat upstairs at the bar. That's one of the good things about eating out alone: shorter wait times.

After taking my seat, I got down to ordering the Clam Chowder New England Style (bacon, mire poix, potatoes),

the Beef Carpaccio with Arugula (capers, horseradish, lemon, EVOO)

and the Truffled Scrambled Eggs (served on bruschetta and topped with arugula) for my meal,


while getting the Caramel Apple Cheesecake (cheesecake topped with caramelized apples with a graham cracker crust) for dessert.
To say the least, my breakfast was simply excellent, especially the beef carpaccio and scrambled eggs.

After leaving the place, I decided to head to the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum next.
I have to say, this is one of the better art museums I have been to. It was nice to see the beautiful garden set within the Palace, and the flowers blooming in the middle of winter. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to take pictures in this museum.

After leaving the museum, I decided to visit several other places in the area before the sun went down, exploring many of the colleges in the area.
80 The Fenway
Simmons College
Emmanuel College
Winsor School
Rhinoceros,
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
Leopard,
Main Yard, Harvard Medical School
Medical Area Total Energy Plant
Dana Farber Cancer Institute
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center

With that, the sun went down for good, so I decided to head for dinner at Johnny's Luncheonette in Newton.
This breakfast place serves Jewish food as well, so I decided to try some Jewish dishes while here, getting the Smoked Salmon Canapes with Cream Cheese and Capers,

the Vegetable Tsimmes with root veggies, raisins, prunes,

the Fried Meat Kreplach in Duck Sauce,

and the Homemade Kasha Varnishkes for my meal,

with the Rugelach for dessert.
I liked the salmon, Kreplach which were like fried wontons, and the dessert, although I was not so much a fan of the tsimmes, which was a little sweet, while the Kasha Varnishkes were like rice and pasta. The two dishes became my leftovers eventually.
With that, my day of sightseeing in Boston came to an end. Back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment