Tuesday, March 26, 2013

March 26th 2013: Getting Nauseated at the Revere Spring Carnival

Today, I left work early after completing my work for the day in order to go to the Revere Spring Carnival, held in the parking lot of the Showcase Cinemas De Lux Revere. I still had some time when I got to the area, so I decided to first visit the death mask of Napoleon Bonaparte, located in the Mugar Library of Boston University,

and the Ether Dome, located on the 4th floor of the Bulfinch building within the Massachusetts General Hospital campus,

where the first anesthetized surgery using ether was performed. Pictures I took follow.

With that, I headed to the carnival, where I had bought a groupon for unlimited rides a few days ago.

Thankfully, it wasn't as cold at the moment, so I was able to get away with just a sweater. This carnival is actually pretty small, with a cheap entrance fee of a buck fifty,

although the rides I had aboard Zero Gravity, Vertigo and Freak Out were pretty exhilarating, with Zero Gravity having me "stuck" to the side of a giant wheel while rotating at 75 miles an hour, going almost vertical at the climax, Vertigo swinging me around at several hundred feet above the ground, and Freak Out being a pendulum of sorts with that constant falling feeling on the downward swing. Pictures of the rides and the carnival follow.

By the time I finished the rides and left, I felt so nauseated that I kept vomiting as I traveled to Everett to visit a few places before the sun went down for good.
Woodlawn Cemetery

Elm Street Baptist Church
Everett High School
Glendale United Methodist Church
Albert Parlin Junior High School
First Baptist Church
After leaving Everett when the sun finally set, I headed to my dinner at Nico, an Italian restaurant in the North End area of Boston, still feeling sick, the drive making it worse until I was cramping by the time I found parking in the Sargent's Wharf lot.

When I got out of the car, I could not resist but vomit on the sidewalk, and immediately I felt better and resumed my walk to the restaurant.

This place is pretty upscale, and looks much better than Davide nearby, where I had dinner a few days before. It was also crowded with people, and there was a singing group here tonight as well. Thankfully, I managed to get a seat at the bar, where I had to order $60 worth of food, when I already had not much of an appetite from all the vomiting.

I decided to get the Polpetta di Mamma Rosetta (Traditional Meatball made from ground veal, beef and wild mushrooms served fresh basil and ricotta)

and the Capesante Al Pesto (Pan Seared Deep Sea Scallops over Grilled Baby Eggplant garnished with Pine Nuts and Pesto Sauce) for appetizers,

while getting the Chilean Sea Bass (Pan Seared with White Wine, Cherry Tomatoes and Garlic) for my main dish.
I did not like my meatball really much, although the scallops were fantastic, going well with the pesto sauce and the eggplant, and somehow I managed to finish it all. I could not say the same for my main dish, which was really good as the fish was cooked just right and the asparagus was perfectly cooked,  the stem very soft and tender, which is rare for me. I could only manage a few bites before giving up for good.

I took my leftovers with me, and somehow managed to walk all the way back to my car and drive home.

Needless to say, I popped myself into bed the moment I got home. I hope I feel better tomorrow.












No comments:

Post a Comment