Saturday, March 2, 2013

March 2nd 2013: Doing the Flying Trapeze in Reading

This morning, I had to do some food truck stuff with my friend in Malden, so I headed to there, passing by Charles Park in Cambridge
River Court from Charles Park
and a few churches in Everett.
St. Anthony's Parish, 38 Oakes Street
Bethel Revival Center
After I was done with my food truck business dealings, it was time to head to the town of Reading to have a try at doing trapeze acts at TSNY Beantown, a trapeze school located within the Jordan's Furniture complex there, passing through the town of Wakefield along the way.
Most Sacred Sacrament Church
While waiting for the flying trapeze class to start, I walked around inside the mall, taking pictures of the interesting statues within, most made out of jellybeans!!

There's also a musical fountain here as well.
Finally, some pictures of the trapeze structure I was to swing from.
I have to say that the trapeze class was an extremely fun experience, with me doing knee hangs, hands-free, but nerve wracking at the same time as I had to learn to look straight down at the ground below me and not freak out. I also positioned my legs wrongly at times, and felt like I would slip out of the bar at any moment.
I even strained my back a little in the end, trying to do a back flip. Oh well, guess I'm not as agile as the little girl who was wowing us with all her tricks on the trapeze bar today.

After the class, I headed off toward my next destination: lunch at the American BBQ in the town of Beverly, passing through the towns of Lynnfield
Town Common,
Main Street and Summer Street
and Danvers.
Christ the Redeemer Anglican Church
This place is actually one of the better looking BBQ places I have been to so far, filled with pig paraphernalia, although the food was not as good as at Blue Ribbon BBQ in Arlington.
I got the choice of 3 BBQ Meats, getting the Texas Smoked Sausage, Pulled Pork and Beef Brisket, along with Baked beans and dirty rice on the side.

I also got a Lime Rickey Drink

and two desserts, namely the Apple Crisp

and the Bread Pudding with Praline Sauce.
After my lunch, I proceeded to sightsee in Beverly for the rest of the day. First, I headed nearby to walk around Shoe Pond on the corner of Mckay Street and Balch Street,

with Sheehy Park on its southwestern corner.
Sheehy Park,
McKay Street near Sturtevant Street
After Shoe Pond, it was on to other places in Beverly before heading to the Hospital Point Lighthouse area in town, with the hope that all the snow had melted in the beach area.
McKeown Elementary School
Beverly Seventh Day Adventist Church
Bass River Lodge 141,
10 Charnock Street
Dane Street Church
The Gar Hall, 8 Dane Street
Memorial United Methodist Church
Beverly Public Library
Beverly Town Common,
~32 Essex Street
Hardie Building,
Bass River
from Bridge Street Bridge,
Bridge Street near Margin Street
First Assembly of God
Immanuel Congregational Church

Second Congregational Church
Beverly Municipal Airport
Church in the Cove
The lighthouse is actually privately owned,

but the view from the end of Bayview Road beside it wasn't too bad at all, with the town of Salem to the southwest.

From here, I headed to Rice Beach at the end of Ober Street nearby after parking in the lot for Lynch Park, which looked a little like a private beach, but with nice views as well.
Finally, I headed back to Lynch Park, and explored the beautiful park, which has an Italian garden as well as awesome views of Salem Sound, until the sun went down.
From here, I decided to call it a day for sightseeing, and headed to Organic Garden Cafe, a vegetarian restaurant in town, for dinner.

Amazingly, the place was full of people, and I should have made a reservation in the first place. I ended up waiting around for a bit before I could get a table. With my groupon, I decided to get the Chuck Berry Smoothie (Strawberries, blueberries, banana, date, and agave) for a drink,

the OG Sliders (Four mini–portobello burgers, tomato, and sprouts on a sunflower–flax onion rye bread with cashew cheese)

and Quesadilla (‘Jack cheez’, avocado, and pico de gallo in a golden flax 'n corn ‘tortilla’ with dipping hot sauce) appetizers,

and the Nut Butter ‘Squash’ Ravioli (Heated raviolis in red beet ‘shells’ with rosemary walnuts, and cashew alfredo) for my main dish. 
At this point, an old man who had difficulty walking on a walking stick came into the restaurant and tried to sit at a nearby table, but the waitress came to tell him that the table was reserved. I decided to invite him over to my table, and even gave him some of my food, which I was having a little trouble finishing. At the end of my really tasty meal, which I always get when I go to vegetarian restaurants, I had a new friend, who is now perhaps my oldest Facebook friend. He definitely made my dinner much more interesting as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment