Thursday, March 14, 2013

March 14th 2013: Dinner at Buk Kyung II, Boston

Today, I got off early from work, heading to Littleton for lunch at Tre Amici. This place is pretty upscale, as you can see from the pictures I took here.

For the groupon I had, I decided to get the Crab Cakes (served over mixed field greens roasted pepper puree and a lemon thyme remoulade) appetizer,

and the Grilled Vegetable Stack (eggplant, Portobello mushroom, squash, and fresh mozzarella cheese atop roasted red peppers, wilted spinach and finished with aged balsamic reduction) for my meal.
Pretty healthy lunch I should say, but pretty tasty too. Definitely a recommend from me.

After my delicious lunch, I finished sightseeing in Littleton
First Baptist Church
Congregational Church of Littleton
before heading into Brookline for yet another groupon meal at Rami's, a Mediterranean take-out place popular with the students in the area.

I decided to get the Rami's Special (Assortment of Kebabs, Falafel, Grilled Chicken, or Shawarma, Hummus and Salad).


Although it did not look very artisan, the meat was simply delicious, one of the best Mediterannean food I have  had to date. I definitely recommend this place, and perhaps next time I will try the Israeli nectars here, which apparently are pretty good according to my friend.

After my quick meal, from which I got a lot of leftovers, I headed into Boston to sightsee a little for the rest of the daylight time today.
Admissions President's Office,

Temple Israel

Parker Hill Library
Roxbury Community College
Clarence Jeep Jones Park,
King Street and Roxbury Street
First Church of Roxbury
The views of the Boston skyline from the Dillaway Thomas House at the Roxbury Heritage State Park were pretty beautiful as well.
Finally, it was time to head to my last few meals of the day, at Buk Kyung II, a Korean restaurant located in the Allston area of Boston, where I had a meetup event.

A small group of us ordered a whole lot of food to share among ourselves,

including the Ganpoongki (Boneless chicken slices, battered and deep-fried, tossed in a sweet & spicy sauce),

which was pretty much a Korean version of General Tsao's Chicken, though really crispy and tasty, the Seafood and Cheese Dok Bokghi (Log rice cakes stir-fried with assorted seafood and topped with melted cheese), which was the best dish of the night,

the Japchae (Cellophane noodles stir-fried in sesame oil with sliced pork and
vegetables, then tossed in house seasoning)

and the Jajangmyun (Chopped pork, potatoes, onions, and zucchini cooked in a sweet black bean sauce),

which were just average, and the Ohginguh So-myun (Sliced tender strips of squid stir-fried with onions, hot peppers, and scallions in a red pepper sauce; served with a side of wheat noodles), which was pretty spicy for me.

Overall an enjoyable experience, especially with friends, although we ended up with a significant amount of leftovers. Definitely another Korean restaurant to go to in Boston.

After our long dinner, it was time for dessert at Between Hours PC Cafe nearby at 154 Harvard Avenue.

This place is a bubble tea cafe, although they had a unique dessert with shaved ice called Bingsoo, of which my friends decided to get the green tea version,

while I got the red bean version.
A pretty healthy and tasty snack, to say the least. With that, my day ended, and I got home at around midnight and plopped straight to bed, dreading going to work tomorrow.










No comments:

Post a Comment