Friday, March 15, 2013

March 15th 2013: Dinner at Devens Grill, Harvard

Today after work, I decided to have a groupon dinner at the Devens Grill in Harvard. Along the way, I passed through Holden,
Chaffin Congregational Church
First Baptist Church
St. Mary's Church
Princeton,
Heritage Bible Chapel
Prince of Peace Parish Church
Town Common,
Hubbardston Road and Mountain Road
Princeton First Congregational Church

and Westminster.
Our Saviour's Lutheran Church
Old Building, ~21 Academy Hill Road
First Congregational Church
American Legion Post 174,
127 Main Street
Forbush Memorial Library
First Baptist Church,
117 Main Street
Wachusett Hills Christian School
Finally, it was too dark to take any more pictures, so I decided it was time to head to Harvard for dinner.

The bar restaurant was pretty packed when I got there, so I was thankful that I had made a reservation earlier. After waiting for 5 minutes, I got a table, and decided to order the Shrimp and Scallop Ravioli (large shrimp and scallops sautéed with scallions, mushrooms and ravioli filled with sundried tomatoes and mascarpone cheese tossed in a lemon cream sauce) for my main dish from a menu in which nothing seemed interesting,

while getting the Chocolate Explosion (Chocolate cake with a warm chocolate center served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream) for dessert.
The ravioli looked really appetizing, although when I first placed it in my mouth, I was surprised at how sour it was. I looked at the menu again, only realizing then that the sauce was a lemon cream one. Oh well, it was still good enough to finish, though sour is not my thing.

The chocolate dessert was pretty much a molten lava cake, and was pretty good.

Overall, I think this place is pretty good for a bar restaurant, located in the middle of a suburban town.

No comments:

Post a Comment