Tuesday, March 5, 2013

March 5th 2013: Touring the Bully Boy Distillers in Boston

Today, I had an appointment to go tour the Bully Boy Distillers in Boston. Before that I passed by a few areas in the Roxbury and Mission Hill area in town.
Basilica of Our Lady of Perpetual Help

Parker Hill Fenway Head Start
Spanish Church of God
Dudley Branch Library
Resurrection Lutheran Church
Boston Missionary Baptist Church
The views from Mission Hill Park at ~1524 Tremont Street of the Boston skyline were pretty beautiful.


Finally reaching my destination, I was actually panicking for a little as I was almost late for my tour, and I somehow could not find the place. Thankfully, people around were able to tell me that the place was located right where I thought it was in a warehouse building, except there were no signs to indicate that it was the Bully Boy Distillers. I entered, and pretty much everyone was there already, although I was still not the last one, thankfully.

This place is actually a pretty small operation, with only 2 main rooms, and the production of the various liquors is pretty much similar to that of making beer. Here are some pictures I took while here.

At the end of the tour, it was time for the tastings. All the liquors had interesting flavors, but being someone who rarely drinks, I had a hard time stomaching all 4 of them, even though he only poured a little of each one each time.


I also decided to get a shotglass for just $2 at the end of the day.
After my tour, I headed to Via Matta, an upscale Italian restaurant in downtown Boston for dinner.
As always, there was space at the bar to sit. I had a nice conversation with a nice lady who sat next to me while waiting for her friend to arrive, and her friend was a little late, but she did finally arrive in the end.

After looking at the menu, I decided to get the Burrata (duck prosciutto, quince and toasted walnuts)

and the Duck Breast (braised greens, lentils, celery and campari vinaigrette).
I enjoyed the Burrata, especially the cold mozarella and the duck prosciutto, and the duck was well cooked and tender as well, although I felt the vegetables were a little bitter.

I decided to get the Cranberry Pear Torta with vanilla bean gelato as well, and it wasn't bad at all either.

Definitely a recommend. With that, I headed home for the night. Thankfully the drinks weren't enough to make me intoxicated.









No comments:

Post a Comment