Friday, May 23, 2014

May 23rd 2014: Dinner at Bangkok Hill, Lunenburg

Lunch today was from Noodles and Company, where I got the Pesto Cavatappi (Curly pasta, basil pesto, garlic, mushrooms, tomato, wine, cream, parmesan and Italian parsley).
Pretty good stuff for my second try at this place.

Today after work, I embarked on my day of hiking in the town of Leominster on the Monoosnoc Trail. I have done this trail once a long time ago, but missed several of the viewpoints along the way as I had gotten lost without a map, so I needed to find them this time around. My first trek started in the middle of the trail on Elm Street, where the path I took to get to the top of South Monoosnoc Hill is shown below in pink.

The view at the top would have been great if not for the fog.

I headed to another part of the trail at the end of Exchange Street, where the path I took to find the Distributing Reservoir is shown below in pink.

I'm just glad there was access to the pond from the water treatment plant, so I did not have to hike here.

From here, I passed Johnny Appleseed Monument on ~120 Johnny Appleseed Lane,

and the tank at Johnny Ro Memorial Park, which was still in the same state of incompletion as the last time I was here.

On the way to Lunenburg, I passed by the Lancaster Golf Center in Lancaster,

which has an ice cream station as well. I decided to try something here as a result, getting the Purple Cow Yogurt Frappe, which was pretty good.

In Lunenburg, I tried to look for the beach on Lake Shirley at the Shady Point Beach and Campground, but only managed to see the boat launch area,

and I did not want to trespass on private property any further.

With that, it was finally time for dinner at Bangkok Hill, a Thai restaurant in town. This place is pretty small, although pretty full of people this time of night.

I decided to go with their special, the Bangkok Shrimp (pan fried shrimp with fried egg noodles and spinach in special garlic sauce), which came with a pyramid of brown rice.

The dish was pretty well presented, but it tasted really good a well. No wonder this place is the best Thai place in North Central Massachusetts. With that, my day of hiking after work came to an end. Looking forward to the long weekend ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment