Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24th 2014: Deli Meals in Sturbridge and Leominster

I had to stay really late at work today, but that did not prevent me from heading out to Sturbridge for lunch at Soup to Nuts, a small town deli cafe located within a small town shopping complex. For food, I decided to get their deal of a Seafood Chowder,

a Spinach and Tomato Quiche, and a Garden Salad.
A pretty good meal actually. It was sad to overhear that the company the owners get ingredients from expect small companies to order large orders they would never use and can't afford either. We should support local businesses more.

For dinner, I headed out again, this time to the town of Leominster to check out Desilets Market and Deli.

This place is more a grocery shop than a deli cafe. I did get to try the poutine they have here, which wasn't the fries I thought it was, but poutine paree, a pork dumpling made with a casing made of potato.
It was really bland in taste though.

I had to take it back to the office to heat it up, together with the Pork Pie I got as well.
Sadly that was equally bland as well. I ended up resorting to eating instant noodles at home. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment