Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September 30th 2014: Eating Out in Cambridge

Tonight after dinner, I had a meetup event at Brick and Mortar in Cambridge. I knew this place was more a bar than a place to eat, so I decided to grab some chow from the Beantown Taqueria nearby, getting the Quesadilla Starter (Cheese and Salsa, with Chipotle Aioli Sauce)
and the Huarache (One thick handmade soft corn tortilla with lengua,Topped with refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, drizzled sour cream and queso fresco).
the Quesadilla was actually pretty good, especially with the chipotle sauce. The Huarache was a little bland though, even with the lengua present.

From here, it was on to Brick and Mortar. This place has no sign for it, being right above Central Kitchen. In order to enter it, one must go through the door to the left of that for Central Kitchen.

Upstairs, there is not much sitting room, unless you are at the bar itself. It was hard to hear each other above the din as well. Having eaten a little already, I decided to just get the Duck Fries (Crispy Duck confit, pickled pepper, melted gruyere), thinking that the fries were actually made of duck meat. Oh was I disappointed.
It was still pretty good though.

As was the piece of the Devils on Horsebac(Dates wrapped in bacon and stuffed with blue cheese) I got to try.
After hanging out with my friends for a bit, I headed out, and finding that Paris Baguette was really close by, I decided to grab some desserts to go, getting the Choux Cream,

the Strawberry Pastry Bite
and the Cheese Souffle Cake.
Amazingly good, just like the Mocha Butter Cake I got from my friends on Sunday. With that, I called it a day for eating in Cambridge, and head home for the night.


No comments:

Post a Comment