Sunday, September 28, 2014

September 28th 2014: Dinner at Highland Creole Cuisine, Somerville

This morning, I started out with a hike at the Billerica State Forest in Billerica, the rough path I took after parking on Janice Road being shown below in pink.

There was nothing to see at the top of Gilson Hill though.

From here, I headed into the town of Reading, where my camera strangely started to work again,
Pleasant Street Center
Bowser Gazebo
to go hiking at the Pinevale area, where the path I took from the junction of Center Avenue and Maple Street, which seemed to be on private property, is shown below in pink.
Once again, nothing to see here.

My last hike was at the Bare Meadow area, where the short path I took to the viewing platform is shown below in pink.
The view from the platform wasn't anything to shout home about.

I had food truck stuff to do today, so I headed into Boston from here, going to Laz Cafe in the South End to get some breakfast. This place is more a pizza takeout place than anything else, to say the least. I decided to go with the Breakfast Pizza (Eggs, Spinach, feta cheese and mozzarella (no tomato sauce)), which was just okay, although the egg was an interesting concept.

while doing food truck stuff in Boston, my friends surprised me with a birthday cake from Paris Baguette, which was really good, complete with cookies on top. At the end of the day, I decided to head to Highland Creole Cuisine at 2 Highland Avenue in Somerville for dinner. This Haitian place was filled with Haitian folks when I entered, and it took a while before I got seated, and longer before I got a menu.

I decided to get a Papaya Drink with Milk and the Creole Goat for my meal.
I enjoyed the drink, and the sauce for the goat was really delicious, especially when I dipped the plantains provided in it.

I definitely look forward to having the leftovers tomorrow. I can't say the same about coming back here though, as the atmosphere wasn't very welcoming.

No comments:

Post a Comment