Wednesday, September 10, 2014

September 10th 2014: Trivia at the Kinsale, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup event for trivia at The Kinsale, a pretty nice bar restaurant in downtown Boston.

I was a little late by the time I got there, but thankfully not everyone had ordered yet. For once, I decided to go with the Crab Cod Cake and Avocado Salad (poblano aioli, mixed greens, mango, avocado, plantain chips, jicama slaw, citrus vinaigrette),
which was very good overall except the plantain chips which were not crispy but hard to bite.

I also got a taste of my friend's Reuben Egg Rolls (corned beef, cabbage, swiss cheese, thousand island dressing), which was pretty good as well.

For dessert, I went with the Dessert Sampler, consisting of petite versions of the Chocolate Guinness Cake (chocolate ganache, créme anglaise, salted caramel sauce), the Ghirardelli Brownie Sundae (double chocolate chip brownie, häagen-dazs vanilla bean ice cream, chocolate fudge, butterscotch sauce, whipped cream, maraschino cherry), Apple Cranberry Crumble (chocolate ganache, créme anglaise, salted caramel sauce).
the guinness was a little too strong for me, while the cinnamon in the apple dish was a little much for me as well. The brownie sundae was pretty good though. I also liked the Asgard Mud Pie (häagen-dazs coffee, chocolate & vanilla bean ice cream, oreo cookie crust, hot fudge)

that my friend got, which was pretty rich. 

Overall, not too bad a meal, considering we also managed to get second place in trivia, and a $20 gift card as a result.
Too bad I won't be using it though, since I was pretty useless anyway throughout the competition. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment