Sunday, September 7, 2014

September 7th 2014: Checking Out the Beaches of Nahant

After coming back from NYC today, I decided to head to Nahant to start my sightseeing there. Immediately on entering the town, I was at Nahant Beach, where I took a long walk as the tide started to come in.
Lynn Harborside is on the opposite side from Nahant Beach, bound by steep rock walls, which I took pictures of as I walked back to my car.
This area is only accessible from Black Rock Beach at Castle Road and  Ward Road, which is south of the area.

After taking a picture of the Nahant Life Saving Station,
it was on to Short Beach behind it at Nahant Road and Castle Road.
Finally, I decided to call it a day, and headed into Lynn for dinner at O'Brien's, an Irish pub in town.

Where I sat, there were nice views of the setting sun on the Saugus River.
I decided to get their BBQ combo, consisting of Lamb Tips (marinated in lemon, oregano and olive oil), BBQ Steak Tips (house blend) and Daddy's Steak Tips (family secret blend),

and the Cajun Fried Shrimp (popcorn shrimp deep fried with dry cajun rub).
Both dishes were pretty good, although it was hard to discern which of the tips were which, especially when they were nice enough to give me extra meat even though I only had a half order.

Overall, not bad, but I would not come back because of the sketchy nature of the neighborhood and the crowd in the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment