Friday, September 5, 2014

September 5th 2014: Another Cafe Lunch in Worcester, Dinner in West Bridgewater

For the second day in a row, I decided to go out for lunch in Worcester, heading to the Paris Cafe in the downtown area. I chose to park in a secluded area where a lot of cars were parked, thinking I was safe, although there was a bunch of gangster like characters hanging out nearby, and I feared my car would be broken into.

The cafe itself was pretty small, although it had quaint decor.

I decided to get the Mixed Berry Mango Smoothie (orange juice, yogurt, raspberry, blackberries, mango and strawberry) and the Fiji Panini (ham, cheddar cheese, pineapples, honey mustard, Italian bread).


The smoothie was a little sour, but still pretty good, while the panini was delicious with the pineapples and honey mustard.

When I got back to my car, it was to find a parking ticket on my windshield. Of course, I had to notice the No Parking sign at this point. At least I did not get my car broken into.

After work, I went to Norton for a hike at the Rose Farm Conservation Area. The path I took here is shown below in pink.

Nothing much to see here though. I then passed through Easton
Golf Country

and the town of West Bridgewater,
Cochesett United Methodist Church
where I had dinner at Morrell's Country Tavern, a restaurant with a family style atmosphere.

I decided to get the New England Clam Chowder in a bread bowl,

and the Buffalo Pasta (Sautéed chicken medallions, sliced cherry tomatoes and fresh buffalo mozzarella tossed in Frank’s hot sauce, white wine and butter, served over ziti).
The clam chowder wasn't too bad, although it was just lukewarm. The sauce for the pasta was pretty good, but the chicken was a little dry.

Thankfully, the Oreo Cookie Mousse Cake was pretty good.
Overall, not a place I would return to.

No comments:

Post a Comment