Tuesday, September 16, 2014

September 16th 2014: An Upscale Dinner at Truffles Grille and Wine Bar, Milford

Today after work, I had a dinner reservation at Truffles Grille and Wine Bar in Milford to go to.

This place is pretty fancy for a small town like Milford.

For food, I had to get a lot to spend the $60 I had on my deal, getting the Lobster Crepes (2 housemade crepes filled with lobster and mushrooms in a creamy Madeira sauce) for an appetizer,

the Wild Mushroom Bisque for a soup,

and half orders of the Lobster Risotto (risotto tossed with fresh Maine lobster meat, asparagus, and parmesan cheese) 

and the Rack of Lamb (New Zealand lamb, red wine and rosemary marinated, smashed red parsley potatoes, minted reduction sauce).

Right off the bat, the crepes were exquisite, especially with the sauce, the remainder of which I lapped up with the bread provided.

The bisque was made so much better with the bits of mushroom in it. Also, the asparagus in the risotto was perfectly cooked, while the lamb was delicious as well.

A definite recommend from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment