Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 25th 2014: Meals in Douglas, Worcester, Boston and Cambridge

Early this morning, I was feeling hungry, so I headed into Douglas
Old Factory, 120 Gilboa Street
to get some food from the Little Coffee Bean, a small cafe serving bagels and donuts, among other things at 299 Main Street in town. I decided to get a cup of Hot Chocolate and a Bacon, Egg and Cheese Spinach Garlic Bagel.

Nothing really special.

For lunch, I went out again, this time for Chinese takeout from Dragon Chef in Worcester. I got the lunch combo of Pork Fried Rice, Crab Rangoons and General Gau's Chicken.

The chicken wasn't even crispy, and the sauce did not even taste right.

After work, I headed to Cambridge for a meetup event, trivia at the Tasty Burger in the Harvard Square area of Cambridge. Before that, I went into the Allston area to get some pizza takeout from First Bite Cafe, getting the Pesto Chicken Pizza (Grilled chicken, pesto sauce, sun dried tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese and broccoli),
Chicken Nuggets
and Onion Rings.
The pizza was absolutely horrible, although the onion rings and nuggets were okay I guess.

In Cambridge, I still had some time before the event, so I headed to Boston Tea Stop, a bubble tea place at 54 JFK Street nearby.

This place is pretty small and dirty, although they do have games for people to play. I got the Vanilla Taro Milk Tea, which was a little too sweet after a while.
In the end, no one except the host showed up for trivia, and since I am pretty useless at it, we decided it was not worth it to proceed in the basement bar I never noticed till now. We just resorted to getting burgers, with me getting the Mushroom burger (sauteed mushrooms, cheese, Tasty Steak Sauce).
It took so long for my order to come, and they would not even allow us to sit downstairs, where things are done more bar style than fast food style.

The burger wasn't that great either.

Overall, a totally wasted day of trying 5 places.

No comments:

Post a Comment