Tuesday, September 23, 2014

September 23rd 2014: Tapas Dinner at Sangria's, Attleborough

I headed out for lunch today, ensuring I parked legally this time around. My lunch spot today was the Z Cafe, a pretty nice cafe in downtown Worcester.

After looking at the menu, I decided to go with the Slightly Spicy Shrimp with Cajun Corn. It also came with a side of cucumber salad


and Lobster Bisque, which was pretty good.


Aside from having to pick out onions from my plate as I am not much of a fan, the everything was delicious, although it got a little salty at times. Another good lunch place to come to.

After work, I headed to the town of Attleborough for dinner at Sangria's Tapas and Wine, a Potuguese tapas restaurant in town. A nice place, but not much people here on a Tuesday night.
With my deal, I got 3 small dishes, namely the Cabrito Guisado (Traditional Northern Portugal style goat stew),
the Moelas De Galinha (Braised chicken gizzards, in a spicy tomato and white wine broth)
and the Entremeado (Grilled pork belly served over grilled oranges).
All 3 dishes were really good, especially the sauces for the goat and the gizzards. I might not get the pork belly next time though, mainly because of the simplicity of the dish.

I also got the Arroz De Pato (Oven-baked rice casserole with pan-seared shredded duck, bacon & chouriço, finished with Portuguese olive oil & topped with grilled oranges) for an entree.
I don't know why, but it tasted strangely of alcohol. Anyway, I did not have much space left in my tummy, so I packed it to go. Hopefully it will taste better tomorrow for lunch.

After my plate was taken away, my waitress came back with a tray of desserts. I ended up getting persuaded into getting the Sweet Angel Hair Pasta,
which would have been perfect if not for the prevalence of cinnamon in the dish. I still managed to finish it though.

Overall, definitely worth the drive out here tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment