Wednesday, September 17, 2014

September 17th 2014: Celebrating My Friend's Birthday at Ristorante Limoncello, Boston

Today after work, I was invited to a birthday celebration for a friend at Ristorante Limoncello in the North End area of Boston.

I was a little late, but as it turned out, the birthday girl was even later. We did have wine while waiting though.

When she finally arrived, we got down to ordering, getting the special Octopus Carpaccio for appetizers.
Pretty fresh and tasty.

I got the Fettucine al Nero Di Seppia Con Astice (Black Squid Ink Fettucine Pasta with chunks of Maine Lobster Meat in a Tomato Cream Sauce) for my meal, 
while my friends got stuff like the Zuppa di Crostacei e Pesce Fresco (Fresh Half Lobster with Mussels, Clams, Calamari, Shrimp and Catch of the Day),

the Linguine Alla Vongole (Linguine Pasta with Stoney Island cultivated Count Neck Clams served white)

and the Costolette di Agnello All Menta (Grilled New Zealand Rack of Lamb with fresh mint).
My pasta was absolutely scrumptious, especially with the sauce, so much so I lapped the sauce up later with bread, and even got more from the birthday girl who could not finish hers.

I also got to try the clam sauce, which was really good as well.
 
We had to get dessert as well, so we settled on Mascarpone Cake, Tiramisu

and Cannoli.
Nothing extraordinary, although delicious all the same, as can be expected of restaurants in this area.

It was good to catch up with my friends today. It's been a while since I last saw them.

No comments:

Post a Comment