Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8th 2014: Dinner with a Friend at Fugakyu Cafe, Sudbury

Today after work, my plans to head to Cambridge for a meetup dinner were dashed at the last minute when the venue was changed, but thankfully, as I was trying to figure out my next steps, my friend called to ask me to dinner. We decided to head to Fugakyu Cafe in Sudbury.
American Legion Post 191
As I was a little early, I decided to grab a pizza from Classic Pizza nearby at 730 Boston Post Road for tomorrow's lunch, getting a small Shrimp Scampi Pizza (sliced tomato, shrimp, fresh garlic).
Nothing extraordinary. The restaurant itself looks a lot like its affiliate in Brookline,

along with an interesting menu as well.

My friend and I got several dishes, getting the Gyoza (pan fried pork and vegetable ravioli),

the Duck Tataki (Duck breast marinated with sake and black pepper, grilled to perfection. Served chilled with sweet soy sauce and sauteed onion), 

the Ika Tobikko Ae (Raw squid coated in tobikko and topped with a quail egg), 

the Chirashi (Chef's choice of assorted sashimi over a bed of seasoned rice) 

and the Rainbow Maki (Shrimp, octopus, crab stick, tobikko & spicy mayo (O) tuna, salmon, white fish and avocado). 
Everything was really good, especially the duck and the squid. I really did not know what to expect for the duck, expecting it to be partly raw, but it was actually pretty cooked, tasting excellent with the sauce. The squid was unique as well, although it might have given my friend a bit of a stomach problem later.

We still had space after everything was done, so we decided to get the Green Tea Creme Brulee,
which was delicious as well.

Overall, I'm glad my plans got canceled tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment