Thursday, September 18, 2014

September 18th 2014: Dinner at Sweet, Worcester

Today after work, I decided to get dinner at Sweet Worcester Bakery and Bar. This place has decor much like Volturno next door.
They have only small plates here, so I went with the Pork Belly Banh Mi Slider (Housemade Mini Baguette, Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Siracha Aioli , Pickled Cucumber, Carrots & Recao),

the Duck Quesadilla (Cured and Smoked Duck Breast, Boggy Meadow Farms Cheese, Cherry Rhubarb Compote, baby arugula salad)

and the Dosants (Croissant Donut Stuffed with Dark Chocolate, Caramel Sauce for Dipping)
I was pretty disappointed in the slider to be honest, the pork belly feeling more steamed than roasted. 
Thankfully, the slices of duck meat in the quesadilla were very flavorful, the compote putting an extra zing on the dish. The dosants tasted a little weird because of the residual alcohol on it, much like the beignets I had at Fish. However, I think the croissant texture of the dosants area definitely much better.

To top it off, a complimentary mint chocolate cake came with the receipt.
How did I not try this place earlier, I have no idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment