Friday, September 12, 2014

September 12th 2014: Going to My Friend's House Party in Somerville

Today at lunch, I decided to getting Chinese takeout from Xing Xing Restaurant in Worcester, going with the General Tso's Chicken and Pork Fried Rice Special Combination, which ended up costing less than $8 bucks.

I could not even finish it either.

After work, I had my friend's house party to go to in Somerville. As it was to start pretty late, I decided to get some food beforehand at India Palace, a small Indian restaurant with decent decor in town.
In order to use my deal, I had to resort to getting 2 drinks, getting the Lime and Mint Drink (lime juice, sugar, salt, mint)

and the Mango Lassi (sweet shake of yogurt and mango pulp).
The mint drink was pretty interesting, with a color of green, and very good with a mix of sweet and sour, while the lassi was intense at times but delicious as well.

For food, I got the Mint Paratha (stuffed with mint and coriander)

and the Palak Mushroom (mushroom cooked with spinach, garlic, ginger and exotic spices).
The bread was pretty tasteless, not having much mint flavor, although the mushrooms went well with the spinach.

Overall, a pretty good meal, but I still think Diva is better.

From here, I headed to my friend's party, which was a lot of fun. I have never seen my friend buzzed before, so it was interesting to see for once. She even went to bed early without telling me before I left for home. Oh well, at least she had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment