Monday, September 29, 2014

September 29th 2014: Dinner at Granite Grill, Braintree

After work today, I headed into Braintree,
Old Quincy Reservoir,
Lakeside Drive and Pond Street
where I sighted my first real red fox

before heading for dinner at Granite Grill, a pretty fancy bar restaurant in town.
I could not say the same for the food I got though. The Scallops and Bacon (five scallops wrapped in bacon drizzled with Thousand Island Dressing) were so tiny, making the plate look very sparse.
There was way too little shellfish in my Mussels and Clams Messina (sauteed with onions, diced tomatoes, dijon, pancetta, white wine and garlic butter), and the bread was way too hard, although the sauce was really good.
Even the Maryland Blue Crab Ravioli (maryland crabmeat ravioli in a lobster beschamel with peas and chunks of lobster meat) had a lot of shell in it, and the sauce was just okay.

Definitely not coming back.

After a disappointing dinner, I headed into Weymouth, where I planned to visit the Weymouth Historical Museum, located within the Tufts Library in town and only open on Monday nights.

Pictures I took in this small place where stuff was pretty much cobbled together is shown below.
With that, I was finally done with the towns of Braintree and Weymouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment