Thursday, September 4, 2014

September 4th 2014: Lunch in Worcester, Dinner in Leominster

I did not have any leftovers to cook for lunch today, so I decided to drive out and get lunch from Spoodles Deli in Worcester. I decided to get the Sacramento Sandwich (Fresh chicken salad, guacamole, crispy bacon, lettuce, tomato and mayo on a French sub roll)

and the Beef Chili. 

Nothing special, really.

After work, I headed to Leominster on another of my colleague's recommendations to try Gondola, an Italian restaurant in town. A pretty small place, though with decent decor. 

I decided to go with the Chicken Liver Dinner, which came with homemade gnocchi

and a bowl of pastadella soup.

The soup itself was pretty good, with an interesting Polenta like balls of flour in it. The liver was way too strong in flavor though, and the tomato sauce for the gnocchi too sour for my liking.

I tried to save my meal by getting the Spumoni for dessert,
but it was just average as well.

Another failed recommendation from my colleague. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment