Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31st 2012: Dinner at Mi Tierra Restaurant, Waltham

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Mi Tierra Restaurant, a Mexican place at 585 Moody Street in Waltham. What was different today was that a co-op student working in my department decided to tag along as well. It was nice to be able to hang out with a colleague from work at one of these events.

We arrived a little early, so we decided to take a stroll down to the Charles River, where we found several ducks lazing on the docks near the Moody Street Bridge near Crescent Street. I realized that I had never been on this side of the bridge before, so I took a few pictures here.
Moody Street Bridge
Ducks on the docks
View from Moody Street










At this point, it started raining, so we hurried back to the restaurant, where the organizer was waiting patiently for people to arrive.

We entered into the restaurant soon after to avoid the rain, and after everyone had arrived, I ordered the Papaya con Leche drink, and for dinner I got the Mondongo Soup, a stew made with beef tripe, cow leg and vegetables.
Papaya con Leche
Mondongo













The papaya drink did not have any strong papaya flavor, which I liked a lot, while the stew was tasty and filling, although the leg bones were a little hard to eat, with me having to strip the tendon meat from the bone.

I had hoped to do more sightseeing after dinner, but the rain was coming down hard and it was already dark, so we decided to call it a day and headed home.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge. Good blogs style too, Cheers!
    - The restaurant natick ma

    ReplyDelete