Tuesday, July 10, 2012

July 10th 2012: Dinner at Mandarin, Westborough

Today after work, I had to look for caramels to use for baking, and I saw that they were available at Walmart. As there was one in Westborough, I decided to head there for dinner first, trying out a Chinese restaurant, Mandarin. This place is actually pretty high class for a Chinese restaurant in central Massachusetts, and I was also pleasantly surprised by the aesthetic quality of the food I was served.
I got the Grilled Beef Roll for appetizers, consisting of sliced beef sirloin wrapped around cheese and scallions which came served on top of a pandan leaf, and was really good even though I do not like scallions.
For my main dish, I did not know what to get, so I got the Oriental Crispy Pad Thai, which would have been great as well had it not been covered in onions and peppers, which made me pick at my food and lose my appetite.
Finally, I decided to ask for the dessert menu, where I was really spoilt for choice as 3 of them looked really interesting. I ended up going with the waiter's recommendation, going for the Exotic Bomba, consisting of mango, passion fruit and raspberry sorbetto covered in a layer of white chocolate, then drizzled in chocolate.


The dessert was simply wonderful, and made me want to come back here again sometime to try out the other desserts.

After dinner, I went to the Stop and Shop nearby to try to find my caramels. Failing to find them, I went to Walmart next, and was unsuccessful there as well. I then thought about the Wegman's in Northborough, and went there. The views from atop the hill here were really good, so I stopped to take some pictures here.
View from atop Northborough Crossing



In the end, I had to go to Trader Joe's in Shrewsbury to find my caramels. Oh well, hope my cookies come out good when I bake them on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment