Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25th 2012: Dinner at Alta Strada, Wellesley

Today after work, I decided to use one of my Groupons for dinner with my friend in Wellesley, at Alta Strada.

This place is pretty upper class, with a casual touch to it. We were a little early, and the place was already filled by the time I got there. Thankfully, we were able to get to our table soon after.

We had $40 to spend, so we decided to get 3 starters for $15, namely the Sicilian Tuna with Olives and Peppers, Sweet Corn with Smokey Bacon and Tomatoes, and the Spicy Green Beans with Prosciutto.
Spicy Green Beans with Prosciutto
Sicilian Tuna with Olives and Peppers

Sweet Corn with Smokey Bacon and Tomatoes
To be honest, the starters were just okay, with the tuna being a little on the salty side, and the prosciutto being just bacon bit sized instead of larger pieces.

For the entree, we decided to share the Mushroom filled Lune with more Mushrooms, Truffle Oil and Parmigiano. This time, the dish was pretty delicious, although not very filling.
We still had a little money to spend, so we decided to get the Tiramisu, which was pretty expensive at $10, but it was good all the same.

After dinner, my friend felt so full that she wanted to take a walk. Thankfully, Wellesley College was right next door, so I decided to give her a tour of the place, passing by the famous Green Hall Tower and Lake Waban where there were tons of waterfowl by the shores of the lake, and I was pleasantly surprised to see fireflies flying around the area too. We also passed through the Casenove and Pomeroy Halls, where summer camp kids were having a party.

It was nice to be able to share with my friend tonight some of what I have seen on my explorations so far. I look forward to my efforts bearing more fruit in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment