Thursday, July 5, 2012

July 5th 2012: Hike Preparations in Milton

I will be organizing a hike at the Blue Hills Reservation in Milton this weekend, so I decided to do some preparation work by checking out the various meeting spots in Milton and Quincy.

The first place I went to was the Quincy Center T-Station, located in the town center area.
Here, I noticed several interesting buildings and monuments, so I decided to walk around a little. Following are pictures of the places I saw, and along the way to Shea Skating Rink as well
Granite Trust Company Building 
United First Parish Church












Quincy College
Bethany Congregational Church










Central Baptist Church
Faith Lutheran Church









Covenant Church of Quincy,
315 Whitwell Street


Quincy City Hall,
1305 Hancock Street











Monuments on City Center,
~1305 Hancock Street
Abigail Adams
John Adams




Robert Burns Statue,
Thomas E. Burgin Parkway and Granite Street
Old St. Paul's Methodist Church
6 Fort Street




Thomas Crane Public Library

Flags for Vets, ~ 16 Pleasant Street

Fort Square Presbyterian Church
Shea Park,
Common Street and Copeland Street



At Shea Memorial Rink, I easily found the trailhead to the Skyline Trail at the back of the parking lot.

I then headed to the Blue Hills Reservation Visitor Center at 695 Hillside Street in Milton, and decided to take a walk around Houghton's Pond while I was there. The route I took, which was basically the Yellow Dot Trail, is highlighted below in pink.

The pond was really beautiful in the light of the setting sun, and people were just leaving the beach as I arrived. Pictures I took of the pond and the beach follow.




















For dinner, I decided to try out Abby Park, a seemingly upper-class restaurant in town. The place was quite posh for sure, and the food was pretty pricy too. I decided to get the Sesame Crab Cake appetizer, which came atop sushi rice, topped with avocado and with spicy aioli on the side. With everything mixed together, the dish was simply delicious, and pretty filling too. As a result, I could barely finish my main dish, the Lamb Rack, which was fantastic as well, served with creamy tomato polenta, mediterannean salad and Dijon mustard sauce.
Sesame Crab Cake
Lamb Rack










I don't know about the bad reviews, but this place is definitely a go for me.











No comments:

Post a Comment