Tuesday, July 3, 2012

July 3rd 2012: Potluck Dinner at a Friend's Place in Natick

Today after work, I was invited to a potluck dinner in Natick. I had cooked some beef rendang yesterday night for this purpose, and I brought it with me as I went to North Attleborough for some sightseeing before heading for the potluck. Some pictures of the places I visited here, including the Falls Ponds as I finished up the town follow.
St. Mark's Parish

Tower Square, 500 East Washington Street
Benjamin Stanley Freeman House,
390 Mount Hope Street












Central Congregational Church
1893 Falls Fire Barn,
Commonwealth Avenue and Elm Street







Upper Falls Pond,
Reservoir Street near Diamond Street



Joseph F Zaino Memorial Recreation Area,
End of Barbara Road


Lower Falls Pond, End of Metters Road










Finally done with the town of North Attleborough, I decided that my rendang was too little for the potluck, so I decided to use one of my Livingsocial deals for $30 of food at Spike's Junkyard Dogs, located at the food court in Emerald Square Mall in the same town.

It was hard to use the $30, given that each item on the menu only cost at most $5. In the end, I got a large Bacon Cheese Fries, and 2 each of the Junkyard Dog, Texas Ranger, Chili and Cheddar and Patriot Dog.

As a result of waiting for the food, I arrived late at my friend's place, although I was not the last. We had a fun time eating and talking, especially when it came to dessert, where the hostess made colored cake balls in honor of Independence Day, in red white and blue. Another couple made smoothies, and we had a fun time guessing what was in it.
Dessert
Independence Day Cake Balls











With that, Independence Day arrived at midnight before I headed home.

No comments:

Post a Comment