Friday, July 13, 2012

July 13th 2012: Lunch at Ceres, Worcester and Dinner at the Manor, West Boylston

Today, my boss decided to give me and the rest of her team a free lunch at Ceres Bistro in Worcester. I have never been here for lunch, so it was a good chance for me to taste what they had to offer. My boss decided to get the calamari appetizer for us to share, which came with fresh parmesan gremolata and peppadew, and was pretty good. I got the sweet corn bisque, which came with corn kernels on a bed of onion jam, which was pretty delicious too. However, the Orecchiette with Broccoli Rabe which I got was way too sour for me and I did not even eat half of it. Thankfully, my other colleague was willing to share a few pieces of spiced meat and cheese from her Ceres Cheese and Charcuterie Plate.
Fried Calamari
Orrechiette with Broccoli Rabe
Sweet Corn Bisque

Ceres Cheese and Charcuterie Plate
Knowing that I was going to have a huge dinner at The Manor in West Boylston later, I was able to survive until after work, where I had a $30 Livingsocial deal which I just bought yesterday to use. Along the way, I noticed a bright orange roofed building, which turned out to be the Classic Suites and Inns.


In order to make up the $30, I had to order the Lobster Ravioli, which came with a side salad, a crock of French Onion Soup and the Spinach and Artichoke Dip appetizer with Pita bread on the side.
Side Salad
Olive Bread








Lobster Ravioli
Spinach and Artichoke Dip

French Onion Soup












This place was actually recommended to me by my colleagues, and it was a pretty nice place, with a lot of people, though older, coming for dinner here tonight as well. However, my food did not amaze me in any way. I think this is because I did not order any of the lamb dishes. I will still give this place a stamp of approval I guess, mainly because I think I ordered the wrong dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment