Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24th 2012: Dinner at The Painted Burro, Somerville

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner to go to at the Painted Burro in Somerville, so I decided to finish my sightseeing there first before dinner. All the parks I went to today, including Bailey Park and the Park at Somerville Junction, were not of any note, but thankfully the old buildings were still interesting, including the old Somerville Armory, where I attended "One Night in Valhalla", a Viking food event, some time ago.
Round House


St. Catherine of Genoa Church
Old Somerville Armory

St. Anthony of Padua Church
Finally done with the city of Somerville, it was time to head for dinner. I had to pass through Porter Square in  Cambridge along the way.
Porter Square
"Gift of the Wind" at Porter Square T-Station
Porter Square Fire House










I arrived for dinner a little late, but thankfully everyone had not ordered yet. This place is a pretty popular bar restaurant, and it was already filled with people when I arrived. I decided to get the Yucatan Meatloaf, which was made of 2 fried eggs “soleado”on top of a spicy ground sirloin loaf stuffed with chorizo, ham, chicharron, green olives and toasted almonds served open-faced with red mole on thick toast. I usually don't fancy meatloaf too much, but I have to say this has to be the best meatloaf I have had to date, full of flavor, texture and spices, perfect with the eggs and red mole. I also tried my friend's Chile Relleno, which was full of cheese and really tasty.
Yucatan Meatloaf
With that, my day of sightseeing in Somerville was over, ending with a perfect meal. I'm definitely coming back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment