Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30th 2012: Dinner at Pomir Grill, Worcester

Today after work, I decided to head to Pomir Grill, a new restaurant serving Afghan cuisine in Worcester, for dinner, where I had a Livingsocial deal for $30.

Even though it was Worcester Restaurant Week, my deal was much better, with free choice of what I wanted to order. I decided to get the Shorwa, an Afghan chicken stew, and the Kachalu Bolani, consisting of Potato filled pan fried pastry, for my appetizers.
Shorwa
Kachalu Bolani

On top of the appetizers which were really delicious, the Afghan bread starters that came with 3 different sauces was excellent as well.

But the best was yet to come, with my main dish being the Mantu, which were pretty much dumplings filled with beef and covered in a beef and garlic sauce.

This dish is what makes me say this place is worth coming back to.

It was not over though. I still had money left, so I had to order 2 desserts, namely the Afghan Almond Cake, and the Sheer Brinj, an egg free rice pudding.

Afghan Almond Cake
Sheer Brinj










By now, I was so stuffed with food that I could hardly eat 2 bites of each dessert, which were both so-so.

No comments:

Post a Comment