Thursday, July 12, 2012

July 12th 2012: Dinner at Paisano's, Waltham

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Paisano Restaurant and Bar  in Waltham.
There were only 4 of us today, and I had a hard time deciding whether I wanted to go or not.

Deciding I needed a break from work anyway, I went in the end. Having seen the menu online, I decided to get the Parrillada Chapina, a Guatemalan dish with a combination of meats, namely chicken, carne adovada, churrasco and chorizo). The meats were grilled and flavored just right, so I enjoyed my meal thoroughly.
 After seeing the pictures of the desserts in the menu, I could not resist ordering the Paisano Chimi consisting of a flour tortilla stuffed with cream cheese, banana and caramel, served with vanilla ice, caramel sauce, blueberry sauce and whipped cream. It actually came with chocolate hearts in the caramel sauce, but as the table was not level, by the time I managed to take a good picture of the dish, they had slid down the plate, out of shape.
The dessert was excellent though, and I definitely did not regret driving all the way out here to try this place out.

No comments:

Post a Comment