Thursday, July 19, 2012

July 19th 2012: Dinner at Nello's Cafe, Ashland

Today after work, I decided to have dinner with my friend at Nello's Cafe, where I had a Livingsocial deal.

Before that, my colleague's birthday was today, so a group of us went to Armsby Abbey in Worcester to chill out for a bit. I decided to get the Smoked Bone Marrow since it looked interesting, and it was totally not what I expected. 3 big bones were served to me with toast on the side, and I had to use a spatula-like contraption to scoop the marrow, which was pretty much like fat, out.
Although the marrow itself did not have much flavor by itself, by using the salt on the side, it became really good. However, the marrow wasn't very substantial, with most of it being just the bone, so thankfully, I was still hungry after finishing all the marrow.

At this point, my friend called to tell me she just got off work, so it was time for me to leave the party and head over to pick her up to go to dinner in Ashland.

The restaurant is decent in terms of decor I guess, much better than what I expected from the sound of the name.

To get over $30 of food, we got the Bruschetta appetizer, my friend got the Chicken Tenderloin Marinara, and I got the Roasted Vegetable Ravioli, which was stuffed with roasted portabella mushrooms, chopped spinach, tomatoes and mozarella cheese, served in a roasted garlic and plum tomato cream sauce.
Side Salad
Bruschetta

Chicken Tenderloin Marinara








Roasted Vegetable Ravioli











I'm not a fan of marinara sauce myself, although my friend and I agreed that the ravioli was simply excellent.

It was really nice catching up with my friend tonight, over a pretty decent dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment