Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 17th 2012: Dinner at Scugnizzi, Arlington

I recently realized that I had a groupon from one year ago that I did not use, and the expiry date was on July the 19th this year, so I was forced to use it today. The groupon was for Buona Vita! Cucina Italiana in Arlington for $40 worth of food.

Having some time before the sun set, I decided to do some sightseeing in Medford first, finishing visits to all the interesting buildings in town.
Grace Church Episcopal
Unitarian Universalist Church of Medford


Marcus Fonzi Condominium, 92 High Street
Medford Historical Society




New England Baptist Church

Community Baptist Church











St. Joseph Church
Memorial, ~52 Forest Street














Finally done sightseeing for the day, I headed into Arlington for dinner. After parking alongside the street, I could not find the restaurant at the indicated address. Thankfully, I recognized the face of the chef who happened to be outside talking to customers as the same as that which I saw online earlier. The place was called Scugnizzi, and apparently the restaurant had just been recently renamed while still having the same management. I was concerned for a moment that I would not be able to use my $40 coupon, but thankfully the chef reassured me that it would be honored.

With that, the feast started in this small and dark restaurant. I got the minestrone soup, which was very different from most soups of this type, having spinach and broccoli as well as red peppers. It had a little too much red pepper for my taste though.
The next dish I got was the Soft Polenta, including sauteed mushrooms, parsley flakes and truffle oil, which was really good.
The Seasonal Ravioli was exceptionally delicious. I never knew that corn, peas, asparagus and ricotta cheese could be such a tasty combination in ravioli with alfredo sauce.
Even after all that great food, I still had some money left to spend, so I got the Nutella Bread Pudding dessert. What can I say, I truly enjoyed my meal today, so I decided to tip the chef a lot. If not for the decor, however, I'll definitely come back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment