Monday, September 24, 2012

September 24th 2012: Dinner at Tartufo Ristorante, Newton

Today after work, I had plans to have dinner at Tom Yum Koong III in Newton with my friend, so I decided to head to Brookline first to sightsee a little.
Temple Emeth
Dexter-Southfield School











When we headed to the place, it was to my dismay that the place was closed, and is so every Monday, even though it states that it is open 7 days a week. The owners probably can't count I guess. Oh well. We decided to head to Tartufo Ristorante instead, where I had a Groupon for $50 of food.

This place is pretty posh, but really small, though still a little bigger than B Street Restaurant and Bar nearby.

We decided to get the Saffron Scallops Appetizer, consisting of pan seared scallops, corn, lemon saffron sauce and a black truffle. It was simply delicious, although a pretty small portion.
My friend got the Clams Tagliatelle di Pescara, made of homemade tagliatelle, clams, garlic, evoo and white wine, while my Pappardelle Contrabasso consisted of homemade pappardelle, ground italian sausage, shiitake mushrooms and broccoli rabe in a garlic and basil sauce. Both were simply scrumptious, as can be expected of such a high class restaurant.
Clams Tagliatelle di Pescara
Pappardelle Contrabasso











It was nice to be able to catch up with my friend after having not see her for quite some time, and I'm actually glad that the Thai place was closed today so that we could have an enjoyable dinner at Tartufo.

No comments:

Post a Comment