Friday, September 28, 2012

September 28th 2012: Dinner at Twenty8 Food and Spirits, Foxborough

Today, my friends were coming in from out of town to spend time with me in Boston, so I decided to have dinner at Twenty8 Food and Spirits, where I had a Livingsocial deal to use for $30 of food, before heading to the Boston Logan Airport to pick my friends up.

I've never been at Patriot Place at night, and on this rainy night, the place looked pretty good.
 As it turned out the restaurant is located within the Renaissance Hotel Foxborough, nicely decorated as should be in a high class hotel, with a stone hearth for cooking their flatbread pizzas.

For dinner, I got the Asian Style Crisp Short Ribs appetizer, coated in sesame Kung Pao sauce, which was really crispy and tasty, while the Cod fillet which came topped with cranberry compote and a crab and corn tamale was pretty fresh, although I guess I am not much of a fan of tamales.









After dinner, it was raining pretty heavily, so I decided to stay indoors for a while, taking a few pictures of the hotel interior.










Soon it was time to leave for the airport to pick my friends up. Thankfully, the walk to my car wasn't too wet.

After picking my friends up, they were a little hungry, so along the way home, I was on the constant look out for places that might still be open after midnight. As it turned out, Ceres Bistro in Worcester was, and still had bar appetizers available. We got the Fried Calamari, which was different this time, coming with parmesan gremolata and peppadew, the Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza, with basil pesto and tomatoes, and the Mac & Cheese with Ritz crust.
Fried Calamari
Goat Cheese Flatbread Pizza



Mac & Cheese
The calamari was excellent, while the Mac & Cheese was the best I have had so far. Goat cheese, however, is just not my thing.

With that, we headed back to my place for the night, with more activities to come tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment