Tuesday, April 23, 2013

April 23rd 2013: Dinner at La Casa De Pedro, Watertown

Today, after I was done with food truck stuff for the day, meeting with the new Bone Daddy's Burgers  food truck which serves excellent burgers,

 I had to go for a Board of Selectmen meeting in Brookline later in the night, so I decided to grab some dinner at La Casa De Pedro, a  pretty looking Mexican restaurant in the town of Watertown. I had 50 bucks to spend here today, so I decided to try as much stuff as possible by getting several tapas dishes.
After looking at the menu, I decided to get the La Falda de Yayi (Skirt steak tips marinated with smoked salt and pepper then sautéed with a mix of  red onion vinaigrette, sweet cherry tomato, Thai chili, and reduced balsamic vinegar),

the Yolanda's Seafood Mix (fried white fish, shrimp, calamari, and mussels topped with Onion vinegreete, jalapeño, and cilantro finished with a squeeze of fresh lemon and lime),

the Pedro’s old times with Vargas (Pieces of pork tenderloin that are slightly fried then baked and dressed with salsa picante and a zest of lime juice),

the Tequeños (White Venezuelan cheese hand rolled in puff pastry and lightly fried),

and the Caraotas Blancas (Navy Bean Soup).
Overall, most of the food was pretty good, but my complaint was that they were all fried, and hence I did not eat much before feeling sick of the taste. Thankfully, I still had a milk Quesillo dessert, which was pretty much a piece of flan, which was pretty good.

With that, I boxed everything else up, but forgot my food in my hurry to get to my meeting on time. In the end, the selectmen were 1 hour late before mentioning our topic, and the findings were totally useless anyway. Sigh, the wonders of bureaucracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment