Wednesday, April 10, 2013

April 10th 2013: Dinner at Fuji Steakhouse Needham and Annablle's Restaurant, Boston

Today after work, I had a meetup dinner at Fuji Steakhouse in Needham. This place is a different company from the one with the same name in Marlborough which I have been to before. Before heading there, I decided to do some sightseeing in Needham
The Travel Center,
60 Dedham Avenue

and the West Roxbury area of Boston as I still had some time.
Chapel of St. Roger and St. Mary
St. Theresa of Avila Church
I decided to get the Tiger Eyes (Grilled whole squid stuffed with smoked salmon)

and the Ikamura Bar-B-Q Squid (very tender squid marinated in soy sauce, wine and ginger with house special B-B-Q sauce),

while my friends got hibachi meals for themselves.

Overall, although the presentation was pretty good, but the food itself was just so-so, the squid not being very tender in the end.

After dinner, I left early to head to my next destination, Annabelle's Restaurant, a decent bar restaurant in the Hyde Park area of Boston, stopping by Swizzles Yogurt, a typical frozen yogurt place located right next door to Fuji Steakhouse for some frozen yogurt, which was average, before driving off to Boston.
Here, I ordered the Simple Salmon Salad (Fresh Salmon brushed with EVOO fresh Oregano and Lemon served over Mesculin with Candied Pecans, Asparagus Spears with a lemon Vinaigrette)

and the Nantucket Risotto (Gulf Shrimp, Haddock, Sea Scallops, Mushrooms and Tomatoes simmered in a White Wine Garlic Sauce with a creamy Parmesan Risotto).
Once again, I had misread the menu, thinking the salad contained smoked salmon, so I was a little surprised to see the grilled block of salmon on my plate when it arrived. I was also surprised by the large portion of it, but I should have expected it from the $15 price anyway. Overall it was pretty good, with the asparagus being very fresh and soft. The Risotto was actually pretty tasty as well, although after all I had already eaten today, I could hardly finish any of it, and was forced to take it home.

I will definitely make a nice lunch of it tomorrow though.


No comments:

Post a Comment