Friday, April 26, 2013

April 26th 2013: Buying Food for My Food Truck Friends

Today, while doing food truck stuff, I had to go a buy a knife from a hardware store in Brookline, passing by the old Saint Aidan Church at 201 Freeman Street in town along the way.

After bringing the knife back to the truck, I decided to head out to Saray Restaurant nearby in Boston to buy some food for my friends on the truck.

The pretty decently decorated Mediterranean restaurant did not have many people when I entered.

To avoid keeping my friends waiting for me, I decided to get the Haydari (fresh labeneh (sour yogurt-cream cheese) mixed with walnuts, garlic and dill),

the Zucchini Pancakes (fried pancakes, mixtures of grinded zucchini, feta cheese and spices with yogurt),

the Special Carrot Drink,

the Sultan's Delight (Mixture of char-grilled eggplant puree, milk and mozzarella cheese with 3 pieces of chicken on top),

and the Kazandibi (caramelized rice pudding) for dessert.
The Haydari was a little too sour for me, while the drink was too salty. The rest of the dishes were absolutely delicious, especially the Sultan's Delight.

After I left with the leftovers for my friends, I decided that what I had was not enough, so I decided to go to the Japonaise Bakery and Cafe nearby to grab some dessert.
After asking the lady behind the counter what I should get, I followed her suggestions, getting the Azuki Cream, which has red bean in it and the Ichigo Cream, which has strawberries in it,

as well as a Onigiri Takana (vegetables with soy sauce in a triangle of seaweed wrapped rice).
As expected, all the desserts were really tasty. Definitely one of the better dessert places I have been to in town.

On my way back, I found a gallery within the Boston University campus nearby, so after dropping off the food on the truck, I decided to go check the gallery out.
With that, I spent the rest of the day doing food truck stuff, ending my 2 week stint doing so at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment